PRESSURE REDUCER TYPE RCP-8M
Pressure reducer is designed to maintain a constant pressure
value downstream the reducer’s valve regardless of
fluctuations in the supply pressure. Reducer is used in
technological installations, especially to control the pressure of
aggressive media and in order to prevent the installations
against excessive pressure increase. It can also be used for
other media provided that it is agreed with the Manufacturer.
The reducer comprises three main sets:
• valve with pressure - balanced plug and stem with
• bellows – type actuator ;
• control pressure adjuster .
• steel and stainless steel materials used
• bellows- type actuator made of stainless steel, resistant to aggressive media
• high tightness of the shut-off due to the application of plugs with PTFE, EPDM and NBR sealings
• design reducing the noise level or increasing the resistance to cavitation
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The reducer’s valve is open under normal operating conditions; the increase in regulated pressure causes
the valve to close. The self-actuating pressure reducer is a regulating device which is driven by the flowing
medium that provides the necessary energy to control the valve’s operation.
The impulse of regulated pressure, as measured downstream the valve (01), is applied to the bellows- type
actuator chamber (02) and the force acting on the bellows, which is caused by the regulated pressure, is
counterbalanced by the spring(s) tension in the adjuster set (03).Thus, the change in the regulated pressure
value in relation to that one set by the adjuster causes a proportional change in the position of the valve plug
until reaching the regulated pressure setpoint value.
|Reducer’s size DN||DN15; 20; 25; 32; 40; 50; 65; 80; 100; 125; 150; 200;|
|Kvs coefficient||0,6 ... 250 m3/h|
|DN15-50 ; 0/+340°C|
|Setting range||0,6 ... 26,0 bar|
|Shut-off tightness||• IV Cl. as per PN-EN 60534-4|
• VI Cl. as per PN-EN 60534-4
|Body materials||• GP240GH (1.0619)|
• GX5CrNiMo 19-11-2 (1.4408)